Monday, January 26, 2009

Crystals

I had a nice convo from a fellow Etsian wanting to know about recharging crystals. The question was which crystals and minerals shouldn't be placed in salt water. Now I must admit, I knew of a couple - opal and pyrite - but wasn't too sure about the others. So, being the librarian that I am, off on a search of the web I went. There is a website from the UK - CrystalGems.co.uk - with good info on it for charging your crystals and cleaning them. They also have a list of gemstone properties, gemstone healing, zodiac crystals and lots more good stuff.

I have been making and wearing crystal and gemstone jewelry for a few years and find that more and more people are becoming interested in the metaphysical properties of these beautiful stones. The photo is of a necklace I currently have listed in my shop. I love the way the colors pop when they are put together - it looks like it is lit from within.

3 comments:

Angie said...

What a lovely rainbow effect!

Mich(Pixe's Treasure Chest) said...

That is a gorgeous necklace! And, I'm off to check out that sight...I love gemstones and their metaphysical properties!

ABCDErica said...

That's a beautiful piece of jewelry!