Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'd Like You to Meet...



LINDA

My BFF Linda (I got the teen-speak from my 15-year-old niece who would be mortified if she heard me use it) has finally opened her shop on Etsy - it's called Watercolors by Linda and you can find it at RoseMT.etsy.com. She is an artist extraordinaire who began painting when her five kids were small. "I had to do something to keep my sanity" she says. While specializing in watercolors, Linda also paints in oils and does charcoal and pencil drawings.

A couple of years ago I gave myself the birthday present of a watercolor class at the Pleasure Island Art Association gallery in Orange Beach. Linda signed up too and on the first day of class gave me a wonderful set of watercolor brushes for my birthday. Her paintings, as usual, were beautiful; mine, however, reflected my guerrilla warfare style of get in- get out-take no prisoners painting - slap-dash, murky, blurry, I don't take enough time crap. It was a moment of epiphany - I do not have the patience for beautifully detailed watercolors. If you want abstract and actually kinda scary paintings, I'm your Go-To Gal. I am, however, getting a lot of use out of the brushes - I've gotten into rubber stamping and am really liking painting them in with watercolors.
By the way, I still don't color in the lines.

No comments: