Monday, July 7, 2008

Catching Up


Four day weekends are nice but it takes me two more days to get caught up on the things I ignored while having fun. Today is Monday in so many ways.

The dog fence did get put in - the taller half worked like a Trojan in the heat and humidity. Of course I think he just wanted to see me "fry the dog". He and nervous red dog are getting used to each other, finally, but since he'll be going back offshore tomorrow the whole process will have to start again in a couple of weeks. I caught him relaxing on the couch with his "Marmadog" Sunday morning and got this photo.

Although I didn't get as much time at the workbench as I wanted, I did manage to get a new eyeglasses rope made. When I logged in to PayPal to print a shipping label on Sunday morning there was a payment I didn't recognize. Turns out I had made a sale from the Bead D Eyes shop on Etsy. Yippee! I was beginning to think I had fallen into a cyber black hole with my online shops. Nice way to start the day!

The Mobile Press Register had a good review of the Tom Waits show we went to last Wednesday. You can read it at http://www.al.com/entertainment/press-register/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/1215076559292490.xml&coll=3
All in all the last five days have been pretty exciting - a great concert, barbecue with the folks, a fireworks show, a wildfire ... gee, the fun just didn't stop and I'm not even going to elaborate on the "Friends of Taller Half" who let the boat run out of gas on their Wednesday dive trip resulting in a pell mell rush to get to the concert on time. Needless to say, the friendship is a bit strained at the mo.

Now it's back to work.

No comments: