Friday, November 9, 2012

What's for (Thanksgiving) Dinner Ma?



Since my Taller Half will be working offshore and my brother and his family will be at their home three hours north of where I am, it will just be me, the Nervous Little Red Dog and the three cats celebrating here at the Green House. The dog and I will ride down to the beach to have breakfast in the car (she's not allowed on the boardwalk). Then we'll go for a hike on the Hugh Branyon Backcountry Trails at the Gulf State Park.

Our mid afternoon feast will be homemade pizza with Alfredo sauce or basil olive oil (I'll decide at the last minute so I can surprise myself), fresh mushrooms, spinach, sweet onions, a little shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese and whole roasted garlic cloves. Nervous Little Red Dog loves pizza even more than I do and since it is a special occasion, she'll have a little bite. For dessert I'll have what my family has always called "green fluffy stuff". Most people know it as Watergate salad. In the late afternoon, when the sun is coming in the window, the dog, cats and I will curl up on the love-seat with treats for them, coffee and homemade pumpkin pie with tons of whipped cream on it for me, and whatever book I'm reading at the moment. I'll definitely be following my bliss just as Joseph Campbell instructed. I'll bet you never realized that bliss tasted like pumpkin and came with whipped cream on it

Thanksgiving is for families and my four-legged relatives are wonderful company. I mean, after all, you can't very well throw Grandmama and Uncle Pete out in the back yard when they get on your nerves, now can you? My furry kids can be sent to their room or banished to the yard without a hurting anyone's feelings.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone - I hope your food is tasty, your friends and relatives are peaceful, and your blessings are many. 


Check out this Thanksgiving Contest

Ree Drummond - the Pioneer Woman - has a great Thanksgiving contest on her blog this week. She's giving away three "Turkey Essentials" packages next week. Just leave her a comment on what your Thanksgiving plans are and you'll be entered in the contest. If you aren't familiar with Ree's blog, you don't know what you're missing. 
                                                                                                          







No comments: