Thursday, February 10, 2011

Spring Fever?



It's actually been cold here on the Gulf coast this winter. And I love it! I love sweaters and cords, polartec socks and scarves because, as WC would say, "I look fabulous in winterwear". Seriously, I do look better bundled up because you can't really tell what is bulky layers of knitted clothing and what is me. Yep, that's right, winter clothes are just another part of my trompe l'oeil wardrobe plan. The Nervous Little Red Dog has not been enjoying the cold weather so much. I made her go outside to look for her shadow on Groundhog Day and she's still sulking about it. It took me ten minutes just to coax her off the bed this morning and then she she was ready to come back in before the morning's mission had been completed.


Linneaheide graciously included a pair of my earrings, Hint of Spring, in an Etsy treasury called Botanica. Everything is green and reminds me of spring. I feel very honored to be included in the collection. Thank you!


I found a great crocheted vest pattern in The Crochet Closet and started working on it last night. It has a nice stitch pattern that works up fairly quickly and the yarn I chose, Caron Simply Soft, in turquoise and lime green is very happy and Spring-y looking. Maybe I can keep my momentum going and actually finish it to wear sometime this spring. My stick-to-it-iveness is sometimes woefully inadequate. You know, the old "the spirit is willing but the..........Squirrel!" routine.

No comments: