Monday, July 13, 2009

Excitement!

Many thanks to Lilac Pop for featuring my Everything's Just Beachy Shell Necklace on her blog. The necklace sold a couple of days later.

Here's the crafting tip of the day:

To make the cap on your tube of adhesive easier to open, dab a bit of petroleum jelly around the screw threads before you put the top back on. I keep a tube of Carmex lip balm in the glue supply drawer so I can use it every time I open one of the tubes. I can't remember where I heard this one but it has saved me from having to buy a new tube of E6000 every time it gets glued shut. It also saves money by keeping the glue usable until the tube is empty. If you've never used E6000, I highly recommend it for use in many crafting and household applications. I used it to glue the little metal model name thingy back onto my car and it's lasted through every hurricane and tropical downpour we've had since 1994. And no, this is not a paid endorsement - but, if you're listening E6000 people, I wouldn't turn my nose up at a little $$$. Seriously, I really do like this stuff and can't imagine crafting or jewelry making without it. Or car repair for that matter.

Hope you have a creative day ☼

No comments: