Sunday, December 7, 2008

Relaxing and Crafting - the Perfect Sunday

What a lovely Sunday. The little red dog and I have had a wonderfully relaxing time today. I actually got to read the whole Sunday paper without any interruptions or chores that really needed doing. The Taller Half comes home on Wednesday, so this was my last chance to enjoy an unwrinkled newspaper. This time of year the sun comes in the southern windows and makes the love seat in the kitchen the most wonderful place to read. There's a big windowsill to hold my coffee and any cats who want to watch the birds on the feeders.



This afternoon was Christmas card time. I was determined to get them done before the middle of December this year. My intentions are always good, but my follow-through leaves a bit to be desired. Not this time, though! The cards are signed, sealed and stamped, ready to go into the mailbox in the morning. Now I can start working on the handmade cards I've planned for my family. Since these won't be mailed, I can take my time and get creative. Recently I got the neatest CD-ROM / book of old fashioned Christmas card illustrations. I'm flipping through it to pick which ones I want to use in my snow globe design. In the one in the picture, I cut the figure of the penguin from a piece of wrapping paper. Pre-made blank cards, decorative paper for backgrounds and shapes, wrapping paper, designs printed from my computer, spray adhesive and opalescent glitter are the supplies I'm using. The local scrapbooking store, Gigi's Scrapbooking, was having a buy-2-get-1 sale on rubber stamps when I stopped in on Saturday, so being the frugal gal that I am... three holiday greetings stamps are now living on my workbench. My plan is to get all the printing and cutting out done in the evenings after work this week and spend next Saturday assembling the cards. For right now, though, it's time to finish watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on TV. The snow scenes are really getting me into the holiday spirit.

No comments: