Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Movie and Popcorn Will Bankrupt You


Today I am $33 poorer than I was yesterday at this time. My 15-year-old niece is visiting this week during her Thanksgiving break and she wanted me to see Twilight. OMG, as she would say, two tickets, two small popcorns and a medium drink sucked the week's grocery budget right out my pocket. Holy crap! I say. We went with two gal-pals from work and stopped for a nutritious dinner of ice cream at the Cold Stone Creamery first. During a discussion of hot actors, somebody mentioned George Clooney and Becca said her friend thinks he is so hot "for an old guy". I pointed out that he is younger than I am and the verbal backpedaling went into high gear. All said and done, though, I did enjoy the movie and especially enjoyed sitting next to that teenage cutie as she giggled and swooned her way through 2 hours of hot guys and lingering, smoldering, romantic eye-locking on the big screen.

No comments: