Thursday, July 3, 2008

Okay, now take a deep breath...


Damn it's hot! The weather radio kept going off all day with severe thunderstorm warnings. No rain here at the house just unbearable humidity. The taller half put in the invisible dog fence, mostly, so I guess I'll start with the training sessions tomorrow. I hope this doesn't make nervous red dog a complete basket case.

Just call me stupid: I went to Wally World today - along with every tourist in town for the holiday. Sometimes I have to wonder where my brain goes at times like this. Ran into a couple of friends who had the same deer-in-the-headlights look as all the poor locals. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad folks like to vacation in my town - keeps me in a full-time job. But ... does the whole family have to go to the store together? There ought to be a crowd cluster limit on the shopping carts. No lie, I saw 17 people walking along with one cart and driver. Seventeen!? Why can't just a couple of the group go shopping and the rest stay at the beach I thought they came to see?

While I'm on a roll ... why do tourists have to go eat at the fast food places exactly at noon when they could go anytime at all because they are on vacation! It is almost impossible for us working people to get out in the traffic, go through the drive-up (or even walk in, for that matter) and get back to work in the allotted hour lunch break. I really feel for the people who only get 30 minutes. Please, visitors to our fair city, think about those of us who aren't on vacation and don't have all day to grab a bite to eat because we are providing the services you want, deserve and expect to be available. Please don't make us wait behind you while you keep asking "honey, what do you want" when "honey" is only 3 years old and would believe anything is a chicken nugget if you said it was. Actually, I tried that with a little one once -told her that popcorn shrimp and bites of hamburger steak were chicken nuggets - it worked.

Whew, that was a lot to get out of my system. Now for the rest of the weekend I'm going to stay here at the ranch(house), drink lots of cold beverages, barbecue some ribs, spend a little quality time at the workbench - still haven't gotten to those lovely new beads - and read the new Dave Robicheaux novel from James Lee Burke. www.jamesleeburke.com/bibliography/42.php


Thanks for reading and letting me vent my frustrations. I feel like I have gotten in touch with my inner George Carlin -- God I'm going to miss him. www.georgecarlin.com/
I really do like tourists it's just that sometimes...

No comments: